FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Tuesday, December 29, 2015 2:10pm
(Ottawa)–The Ottawa Police Services Board approved fee increases in the 2016 Budget in keeping with the Board’s policy in this area.
This decision was based on that fact that an increase in requests for records checks and other services had created a large gap between the cost of providing the services and the revenues generated. These changes are consistent with fees charged by other municipal police services in Ontario.
Effective January 1, 2016, the Ottawa Police Service (OPS) will increase fees for services for:
- Police Record Check for Service with the Vulnerable Sector – $15 (free for volunteers with a volunteer letter); non-resident – $55
- Police Record Check “while you wait” Express – add $40 (only available at 2670 Queensview for those living in Ottawa for five years)
- Criminal Record Check – $48; Non-resident – $88
- Copy of Police Report (other than collision report) – $53
- Adoption Application Letter and Police Records Check – $63
- Pardon Application – $59
- Collision Reports - $202
- Police Reports for General Occurrences - $53; Motor Vehicle Collisions - $202
For more information on records checks, police reports, and police station locations and hours of operation, please visit our website.
- 30 -
Media Relations Section
Tel.: 613-236-1222, ext. 5366