Sexual Assault and Child Abuse
SACA serves the community by:
- Investigating sexual assaults including;
- Investigating incidents of child abuse and neglect including sexual assault;
- Incidents of Online Child Exploitation, child pornography, and luring are investigated by Internet Child Exploitation (ICE);
- In partnership with other Ottawa Police sections and units such as the Victim Crisis Unit, providing counseling, assessment and referral services to people and/or youth who are victims of sexual assault or abuse;
- Providing an anonymous reporting system for victimized sex trade workers.
- Collaborating with other social service agencies to provide education and awareness programs on matters pertaining to sexual assault, child abuse and related issues.