Leave the Phone Alone distracted driving kits are available to Ottawa schools and can be ordered by teachers for classrooms and principals for use throughout the school.
Not affilliated to a school but looking for resources? Free Leave the Phone Alone materials are available to download.
Grade 1 - 6 kit
Contains LTPA distracted driving activity books, an educational video, thumb bands, classroom pledge posters, pledge stickers and teaching points.
- View the video and order the kit for your class
- Distribute the activity books to your students
- Encourage your students to bring home their activity book , to affix the stickers to the family car and make the pledge with their parents
- The students come back to class, and they tell you that along with their parents, they have made the pledge to leave the phone alone
- Give a sticker to each student that has made the pledge
- The students affix their sticker on the leave the phone alone poster in
- Take a photo of yourself (with or without students) beside the poster. Send
it to the Ottawa Police Service at firstname.lastname@example.org
Grade 7 - 12/Colleges and Universities kit
Contains LTPA distracted driving educational video, thumb bands, classroom pledge posters and plege stickers.
We've taken the pledge, have you?
See our photo gallery of schools that have taken the pledge to Leave the Phone Alone.