Online Reporting

If this is an emergency, call 9-1-1.

If you are a victim of crime and wish to receive support, please contact Ottawa Victim Services at 613-238-2762.


Report online child exploitation to cybertip.caOnline Reporting

Do not use this system if you are operating a vehicle or wish to report information anonymously. 

If you wish to remain anonymous, please contact Crime Stoppers at or 1-800-222-8477.

Download on the App store

Some incidents require an officer to be dispatched to take a report in person, while other reports can be taken by an agent in our Police Reporting Unit over the phone. 

Reports taken online are:

  • Theft (excluding theft of passports)
  • Lost Property (with a visible serial number or distinct marking such as a custom engraving)
  • Mischief/Damage to Property 
  • Theft from Vehicle
  • Traffic Complaints 
  • Drug Complaints
  • Fraud Complaints
  • Hate-Motivated Incidents
  • Add information to an existing report is Canada's tipline to report the online sexual exploitation of children. To report or for more information, please visit

Online reporting is another manner in which the Ottawa Police Service enhances its service to the community. It's easy, timely and effective. Online reports are only reviewed during the Police Reporting Unit's hours of operation from 8 a.m. to 12 a.m. Starting February 25, 2019, the PRU will be open an hour earlier; from 7 a.m. to midnight. Once you submit the report, you will receive a temporary reference number until it is reviewed by an online agent (approximately 24 hours).

Once reviewed, you will be contacted with further information. Should there be any difficulty filing the report online, a member of the Police Reporting Unit will be pleased to help.

You CANNOT file a report online if...

  • A threat was made or violence was used during the incident.
  • Evidence was left on the scene such as, but not limited to blood, tools, clothes or any item related to the incident.
  • The incident being reported did not happen in Ottawa.
  • The stolen property is a passport(s) (Stolen Canadian passports must be reported stolen to Passport Canada. Stolen Foreign passports must be reported in person at a police station)
  • The property lost is a cell phone, licence plate, bank card or government issued identification, with or without a serial number.

If some of the above apply to you, please phone our Police Reporting Unit at 613-236-1222, ext. 7300 for assistance.

By clicking the Start Report button below, you confirm the above information and understand that filing a false report is a criminal offence.




Contact Us