Online Reporting

If this is an emergency, call 911


Online Reporting

Do not use this system if you are operating a vehicle or wish to report information anonymously. 

If you wish to remain anonymous, please contact Crime Stoppers at or 1-800-222-8477.

Some incidents require an officer to be dispatched to take a report in person, while other reports can be taken by an agent in our Police Reporting Unit over the phone. 

Reports taken online are:

Report online child exploitation to

  • Theft (excluding theft of passports)
  • Lost Property (with a visible serial number or distinct marking such as a custom engraving)
  • Mischief/Damage to Property 
  • Theft from Vehicle
  • Traffic Complaints 
  • Drug Complaints
  • Fraud Complaints
  • Hate-Motivated Incidents
  • Add information to an existing report

Cybertip is Canada's tipline to report the online sexual exploitation of children. To report or for more information, please visit

Ottawa Police Reporting

Online reporting is another manner in which the Ottawa Police Service enhances its service to the community. It's easy, timely and effective. Online reports are only reviewed during the Police Reporting Unit's hours of operation from 10 a.m. to 8:45 p.m. Once you submit the report, you will receive a temporary reference number until it is reviewed by an online agent (approximately 24 hours).

Once reviewed, you will be contacted with further information. Should there be any difficulty filing the report online, a member of the Police Reporting Unit will be pleased to help. 

If you are a victim of crime and wish to receive support, please contact Ottawa Victim Services at 613-238-2762.

For collision reporting, go to our Report a Collision page.

You CANNOT file a report online if...

  • A threat was made or violence was used during the incident. If you are in immediate danger, please dial 911. If you are no longer in danger, please call us at 613-236-1222, extension 7300.
  • Evidence was left on the scene such as, but not limited to blood, tools, clothes or any item related to the incident. Please call 613-236-1222, extension 7300 to file a report.
  • The incident being reported did not happen in Ottawa. Please contact the police service in the city where the incident happened to file a report.
  • The stolen property is a passport(s) (Stolen Canadian passports must be reported stolen to Passport Canada. Stolen Foreign passports must be reported in person at a police station)
  • The property lost is a cell phone, licence plate, bank card or government issued identification, with or without a serial number. Please contact your service provider to get a replacement.

More information

If some of the above apply to you or you require additional assistance, please phone our Police Reporting Unit at 613-236-1222, ext. 7300.

By clicking the Start Report button below, you confirm the above information and understand that filing a false report is a criminal offence.


Frequently asked questions